Tuesday 5 January 2016

Challenge for 2016 - Saving £6000

Right now, I have taken a big and scary decision, to see if I can save myself a whopping
 
£6000
in 2016
It`s going to be a BIG challenge for myself and the family,  but hopefully by the end of the year, this money will go towards paying off our biggest debt
THE MORTGAGE.
I know that the grocery budget is to blame for some of the overspending and looking at old receipts and statements it`s an embarrassing amount of over £100 a week.  So this has got to change.  Also going out and just buying something that we want instead of stopping for a moment and asking ourselves, "do we really need this, can we do without it " or "can we get it cheaper if possible"
Yearly bills, like house and car insurance etc. will need looking into as well as trying to up my income somehow.
So let the challenge begin.
 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with this new challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and am looking forward to following along on your journey of frugality. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete