Tuesday 12 January 2016

Meal planning 11/01/2016

What a busy few days in the household and the weather really doesn`t know if it`s coming or going. Yesterday was rain and more rain, it was also verrrry cold and windy, today looks very fresh, but the sun looks like it`s fighting its way through the clouds, so fingers crossed no rain today.

I`ve had a look at the freezer and cupboards and made my meal plan for this week. I will probably be shopping for ingredients most days, but will be sticking religiously (fingers crossed) to my list.

So for this week we will be having:
MONDAY- Shepherd`s pie and veg
TUESDAY- Sausages, wedges and baked beans
WEDNESDAY-Garlic chicken, sweetcorn and salad
THURSDAY- Chilli
FRIDAY- Homemade pizza
SATURDAY- Chicken pieces with couscous
SUNDAY- Roast.

Yesterday (Monday), I had to only buy 250g of mince from Tesco for dinner which came to £2.00.  I bulked the rest of the mince with some soup and broth mix, onion, tinned toms and added Worcester sauce, beef stock and some dried herbs (all from my store cupboard).  Once the potato was added to the top it made a very handsome meal (with the addition of some veg on the side). Now usually, this amount of mince would no way be enough for the boys, but after bulking it out with the extra ingredients it was enough.  I also brought a couple of chicken breasts for £2.50 for the chicken wraps for packed lunches.  I managed to squeeze enough chicken for 4 wraps (1 wrap each) and bulked out with some salad and sweet chilli sauce, yummy. so that was just under 63p, by the time I added an apple 15p, juice carton 15p, yogurt tube 11p and crisps 17p, packed lunch for the boys was £1.21. A lot cheaper then school meals, plus with 1 of the boys being a bit on the fussy side, I can be sure he`ll eat this.

Right then, I`m off to sort through my seeds, which I`ve been trying to do for the last couple of days.

                                                     MrsB
                              xx

No comments:

Post a Comment